Location: The Dabney Library is located at the North end first floor and basement (no entrance) of Dabney Hall.
Dabney Library hours and floor plan images.
- Dabney Library has a short set of stairs at its South entrance (inside Dabney Hall) and steps into its North Entrance (outside door). Stairs from the first floor to the basement of Dabney Library are located in the Southwest corner of the Library.
- For patrons who cannot use stairs, access to Dabney Library (both first floor and basement) is mediated via a locked elevator, for which the HSS Librarian has a key. Please contact the Library for assistance.
- The Library is happy to page books from the Dabney Library and make them available for pick up at Sherman Fairchild Library.
- The book return is located inside Dabney Library, just next to the South (interior) entrance to the Library.
- Multi-stall mens’ and womens’ restrooms are available in the Dabney building, down the hall from the Library toward the South entrance of the building.
- The first floor and the audiovisual materials room in the basement of Dabney Library are designated for quiet study. This means that occasional discussion is allowed, phones should be set to vibrate or silent, and headphones must be at low volume.
- The first floor of Dabney Library has overhead windows on three walls of the Library, which let in some natural light. There are also overhead fluorescent lights.
- Dabney Library basement is lit with overhead fluorescent lights and has no exterior windows.