The Caltech Library is committed to serving all of our patrons and is actively working on improving the accessibility of our materials, services, and facilities. These webpages describe the current accessibility of Caltech Library locations, including physical accessibility, noise level, lighting, and restrooms, plus other information.
Library Contact Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (626) 395-3405
- In-person: Assistance is available at the Information Desk on the first floor of Sherman Fairchild Library
- Chat: The Library maintains a chat reference service during business hours, Monday through Friday. Start chatting with us today!
For assistance, questions, or comments about Library accessibility, please email email@example.com. Students can also contact Caltech Accessibility Services for Students (CASS) for support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For physical accessibility of other buildings on campus, please see the Caltech campus accessibility map.
- Patrons may request to have items pulled from the shelf for them from any library location by selecting “Place Request” on the item in the Library catalog, LibSearch. You will receive an email when the item is ready to be picked up at the first floor Information Desk at Sherman Fairchild Library.
- The Caltech Library provides campus delivery of eligible materials to Caltech faculty and staff. Graduate students and post-docs are also eligible for the service if they have an office address on campus. Undergraduate students are not eligible for the service. More information is available on the Campus Delivery page.
- Patrons may designate a “proxy borrower,” who is allowed to check out materials on their behalf. Please contact the library (see Contact section above) to set up a proxy borrower. More information is available on the Lending Code & Borrowing Policy page.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), service animals are welcome and permitted in all Caltech Library locations. The Library’s policy on service animals is on the Institute Policies page.
- Book returns are available at all Caltech Library locations, described under the accessibility information for each Library location, as well as:
- Beckman Institute: inside the building by the Southwest door
- Broad: inside the building across from the East door
- Church: inside the building across from the North door
- Avery House: in the courtyard outside of the building
- Lloyd House: on Olive Walk outside of the South side of the building
Accessibility of Library Locations
Please see the following webpages for accessibility information on each of the Library locations: