There is currently no Institute requirement for senior theses to be deposited into CaltechTHESIS. However, individual students or faculty may want to do so. The database is fully capable of handling them. Please check out other pages in this Libguide for related information that could apply to adding a senior thesis.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library!
- Is there a senior thesis template I can use?
- No. There isn't one specifically for senior theses. However you are are welcome to use one of the Word or LaTeX templates created for PhD theses, and to modify it as needed for your purposes.
- Are there any examples of senior theses I can view?
- Do I need approval from my advisor?
- Yes. The Library will need an email from the advisor approving the deposit and release of the thesis. This can be sent to email@example.com.
- Can I restrict access to my thesis?
- Yes. We do allow temporary restricted access or full embargoes for thesis files if the advisor recommends it. The easiest way to do that is for the advisor to fill out the PhD thesis embargo form of their choice, adding a note in the form indicating that it’s for a senior thesis, and for how long they would like the restriction or embargo to last. The form does not need to go through the same approval process as for PhD theses, but its use makes it easier for the advisor to fill out all the necessary information for the Library.