Sherman Fairchild Library Group Study Room / Multimedia Conference Room Use Policy
The Sherman Fairchild Library Group Study Rooms and Multimedia Conference Room are for the use of Caltech students, faculty, and staff only, and are designated primarily as collaboration and consultation spaces for students. They are not intended to be used by anyone for non-CIT purposes.
The person checking out the key must have a current Caltech ID at checkout, and be present with the group in the room.
Food and drink are allowed, but please clean up after yourself. There are paper towels and waste baskets in each Room.
Reservations (for 3 hours at a time may) be made up to three months in advance. (https://reservation.library.caltech.edu/)
- Multiple reservations back-to-back are not permitted.
- To insure that a room will be available, make reservations in advance, weekdays before 4:00. Reservations made after that time cannot be guaranteed for that evening, nor those made after 4:00 on Friday for the weekend.
- Reservations will be forfeited if the key is not checked out within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
Open rooms may be available; check with the SFL Circulation desk.
Rooms are intended for use by groups; Library staff may bump a single occupant for a group.
Group Study Room Keys must not be removed from the building.
- If you need to leave the building and plan to return within 15 minutes, leave the key at the Circulation Desk. If you need to leave the building for longer than that, please remove your personal belongings and return the key.
- If you leave the building and leave personal belongings in the room without informing the Circulation staff, your belongings will be subject to removal. If we cannot contact you by the end of the day, they will be sent to the Security Office and you will be required to pick them up there.
Rooms must be cleared each weekday morning by 7 am, so that the Custodian may clean them.
Revised September 15, 2010