Group Study Room Information
|Room Name||Location||Capacity||Equipment Available|
|Group Study Room 218 (#2-1)
Group Study Room 220 (#2-2)
Group Study Room 229 (#2-3)
Group Study Room 231 (#2-4)
|SFL 2nd Floor Room 218|
SFL 2nd Floor Room 220
SFL 2nd Floor Room 229
SFL 2nd Floor Room 231
|9||52" HDTV monitor with Mac workstation|
|Group Study Room 331 (#3-2)||SFL 3rd Floor Room 331||7||Dell workstation and monitor|
|Multimedia Conference Room (MCR)|
Key required; checkout at SFL Circulation Desk
|SFL 3rd Floor Room 328||20||90" HDTV monitor with Mac workstation|
AppleTV (Wi-Fi instructions)
Speaker phone: 626-395-3447
|200 Millikan||Millikan 2nd floor||12||42" HDTV monitor|
AppleTV (video through AppleTV only) (Wi-Fi instructions)
Moveable tables and whiteboards
Library Group Study Room / Multimedia Conference Room Use Policy
The Multimedia Conference Room is for the use of Caltech students, faculty, and staff only, and group study rooms are designated primarily as collaboration and consultation spaces for students. It is not intended to be used by anyone for non-CIT purposes. In all other rooms, Caltech faculty, students and staff have priority over any other users.
- Food and drink are allowed, but please clean up after yourself. There are paper towels and waste baskets in each Room.
- Reservations may be made up to three months in advance at https://library.caltech.edu/reservation/
- Reservations are limited to 3 hours per person per day. Special arrangements may be possible, please Contact Us.
- To ensure that a room will be available, make reservations in advance, weekdays before 4:00 pm. Reservations made after that time cannot be guaranteed for that evening, nor those made after 4:00 pm on Friday for the weekend.
- Reservations will be forfeited if not present within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- The Multimedia Conference Room must be reserved before the key is checked out (even for walk-in use).
- 200 Millikan hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Library Administrative use has priority. If required, the library reserves the right to relocate your reservation to an appropriate group study room.
- 200 Millikan must be reserved 24 hours in advance of use. It must be reserved before the key is checked out (even for walk-in use). Key can be checked out in the DocuServe office on the 1st floor of Millikan.
- Rooms may be available for walk-in use; however, check with Circulation staff because a room may have a reservation. You will be asked to leave the room if someone else has a reservation for it.
- Rooms are intended for use by groups; Library staff may bump a single occupant for a group.
- Group Study Rooms are not locked (except for the Multimedia Conference Room).
- Please don't leave your personal belongings behind.
- If you leave personal belongings in the room unattended, they will be subject to removal. If we cannot contact you by the end of the day, they will be sent to the Security Office and you will be required to pick them up there.
- Rooms must be cleared each weekday morning by between 7 and 8 am, so that the Custodian may clean them.
Revised August 10, 2015